What types of potential exposure warrant consideration of an asset protection strategy?
The list of reasons why business owners, professionals, and investors can (and do) get sued is almost endless. That said, some of the most common lawsuits and liabilities for high-net-worth individuals include:
- Business-related lawsuits alleging products liability, premises liability, and other claims
- Discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination claims
- Creditors seeking to enforce a personal guaranty on a business loan
- Professional malpractice lawsuits
- A spouse claiming substantial property and financial support rights in a divorce